The foundation of the faculty of Engineering was laid in 1930 as part of the Transcaucasian Institute of Cotton Growing. In 2002 , on the basis of the faculties of “Agricultural mechanization”, “Electrification and automation of agriculture”, the faculty of “Agricultural engineering” was established, since 2009 it was renamed as the faculty of “Information technology, Agricultural engineering and energy”, since 2011 the faculty of “Engineering”.
Faculty of “Engineering”-prepares specialists with engineering knowledge to perform such works as restoration and ensuring the efficiency of machines, their design, standardization, manufacturing technology, testing organization, transpor-tation, service organization, land reclamation and water management construction, providing the agricultural sector with reliable and high-quality electricity, the use of energy-efficient, low-cost, cost-effective modern technologies using new principles and methods of management and information processing.
At the faculty worked well-known doctors of science, professors: Nadir Huseynov, Mammadyusif Akhundzade, Mammad Nuriyev, Mammadali Mammadaliyev, Khosrov Guliyev, Firudin Bagirov, Jabbar Alakbarov.
In 1961, was organized the department for the training of electrical engineers in the specialty "Electrification" at the faculty of “Agricultural mechanization”, and in 1967 an independent faculty of “Agricultural electrification”. Important achieve-ments in the creation and development of this department and faculty were the merits of the head of the department of “Electrification”, associate professor Bahaddin Mustafayev, associate professor Abulfat Mammadov, as well as the first deans, professors Mammad Nuriyev and Khosrov Guliyev.
In 2017, the faculty was merged with the faculty of “Engineering”